IBM Service Management Unite (SMU) V1.1.4 is released on June 29th, 2018. This new release brings the following new features:
- 'Storage Overview', 'Storage Group Details', and 'Volume Details' dashboards are included to monitor the storage metrics based on OMEGAMON for Storage.
- The installation of SMU is simplified with a prebuilt Docker image. With the Docker package and some commands, you can now install SMU and its prerequisites very quickly, which reduces your time and effort greatly. For information about how to set up SMU, see Installing and uninstalling SMU with Docker.
- "Ask Watson" dashboard is added as an open beta feature to provide a cognitive online help assistant to improve your information experience.
- With APAR OA55386 installed in System Automation for z/OS V4.1, SMU Automation can automate applications that run on non-z/OS systems using the Universal Automation Adapters. For more information about the Universal Automation Adapter, see Service Management Unite Automation architecture.
- SA operations experience is enhanced:
- For a stop, start, or suspend request, you can choose the new REMOVE=SYSGONE option to automatically remove the request when the system where the selected resource runs, leaves the sysplex.
- The resource status of a system is now represented as the worst compound status of all top-level resources running on that system. This can be combined with a Resource name filter or Resource class filter as data set parameter. In this case, the worst resource state is derived by the worst compound state of all resources on the system that match the specified filter criteria.
- A Hide operational tasks option is added into the automation domain topology and automation node list data sets. Choose this option if the context menu of nodes that are contained in these data sets should not include any operational tasks, such as excluding a node.
For more information about the prerequisites and where to download the new SMU V1.1.4 release, please see the SMSz TechNote.