Today IBM Service Management Unite is announced as a new component in the IBM Service Management Suite V1.3. This component will help z/OS sites manage by exception (Situations). It allows access to exception information from IBM Automation and Monitoring products. This access can be via mobile devices too.
Here is an example of a Dashboard listing current monitoring and automation exceptions for a site:
And if I am at the beach and taking a break from reading a great book and want to check on my z/OS systems to see if my team has any issues they should be looking at I can bring up the mobile view.
IBM® Service Management Unite is a customizable service management dashboard that brings mainframe management information and tasks from disparate sources into a single environment. It helps IBM z Systems™ operators, administrators and systems programmers with integrated visibility into mainframe operations to monitor system health and to initiate recovery actions that reduce problem determination and resolution times.
IBM Service Management Unite is available free-of-charge only as part of IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS®. It is compatible with IBM OMEGAMON®, IBM System Automation for z/OS, IBM NetView® for z/OS and IBM Operations Analytics.
- Provides a consolidated view of system health status and accelerates problem identification and isolation.
- Delivers a single point of control for simplified, more efficient automation and service management capabilities.
- Improves productivity with an integrated operations console, which can be used to issue commands and heal problems.
- Offers quarterly updates of pre-built, customizable dashboard components to deliver new features and enhance the IBM Service Management Unite dashboard over time.
http://tinyurl.com/no5f833 will take you to the full announcement.
For 3270 focused z/OS users the Tivoli OMEGAMON Dashboard Edition on z/OS now includes the enhanced 3270 User Interface Situation Status Tree.
- Designed to provide real time and historical view of every OMEGAMON situation.
- Provides a single screen view of the entire enterprise's system health.
- Can be visually expanded or collapsed so performance experts can view as much or as little detail as needed.
- Uses OMEGAMON situations (either provided by the OMEGAMON products or created by experts at your organization) to produce a single screen view of your enterprise monitoring.
- Designed to deliver real time situation information and minutes, hours, days or weeks of historical situation information from a single 3270 screen.
- Status of each situation is shown as colored areas on the screen, giving you the ability to quickly spot issues with your monitored systems.
Do you have hundreds of LPARs, thousands of CICS Regions, or dozens of MQ systems?
- View all of their status on a single screen, without scrolling through hundreds or thousands of lines of details.
- The Status Tree can show you a single line of status that represents your entire enterprise, or you can expand the Status Tree's branches to see additional details when a problem occurs
- Two Situation Status Tree examples below:
Provides an enterprise view of each OMEGAMON situation in use.
- Allows you to customize the Status Tree to provide specialized views.
- Enables you to create any number of Status Trees, arranged by application, geography, LPAR, CICS, DB2, IMS region and more.
Drill down on any blob on the tree and view the situation details that turned the color Red or Yellow. Here is the Enqueue details on LPAR SP22 causing the current Red issue.