Tips on how to configure an RTE created by another user
bjct 50FV67GPSQ Visits (5835)
To take over the configuration of an RTE from another user, you just need to supply the GBL_USER_JCL, the RTE high-level qualifier, and your preferred jobcard information. With these values, you can manipulate any RTEs previously created by someone else.
To manage another user’s RTE, proceed as follows:
1. Start the installation and configuration tool by running the command EX 'gbl
2. Select option 3 (Configuration Workflow) to enter PARMGEN.
3. If this is the first time that you invoke PARMGEN using this TSO user ID, you need to specify the high-level qualifier for the SMP/E target data sets: GBL_TARGET_HILEV. If the high-level qualifier is NONSMS-managed, you also need to supply the VOLSER.
4. Specify the information of the RTE that you want to configure by providing the following values:
5. In the prompt main PARMGEN workflow window, select option 1 to proceed.
6. Create your own jobcard.
You can now continue to manipulate the jobs or make changes to the configuration using your ID.
You can also download the video demo here: