Instead of visiting individual information centers, now you can find all technical information about IBM System z on IBM Knowledge Center at http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/. IBM Knowledge Center is the strategic platform to deliver technical information for IBM products and solutions. As both a standalone application available on the internet and an installable application, IBM Knowledge Center is becoming a fusion of individual product information centers, wikis, and social media capabilities.
Why did we migrate to IBM Knowledge Center?
It has become increasingly difficult to provide better information experience within the old individual, product-specific information center framework in the face of new technologies and challenges. IBM made this strategic decision to consolidate contents from product information centers and provide links to IBM developerWorks, IBM Redbooks publications, and other client-facing information delivery channels all under IBM Knowledge Center, the next generation framework for IBM customer and service information.
IBM Knowledge Center is designed to enhance client experience:
- The amount of information is overwhelming. IBM Knowledge Center with filters enables you to create collections that scope the search to only what you need.
- Information is difficult to find. IBM Knowledge Center with enhanced search mechanism helps you leverage Internet search engines.
- Information is not current. IBM Knowledge Center provides continual updates and thus always presents the most current information.
- Information is not well integrated. IBM Knowledge Center is a central repository for all IBM information. Inconsistent user experience from one information center to another is minimized.
- Information cannot be accessed without Internet access. IBM Knowledge Center as an installable application is available locally on a client's system or company intranet.
In addition to these functional enhancements, IBM Knowledge Center also offers the following capabilities:
- Create your own PDF collections for the topics that you use regularly
- Add comments, rate pages, and communicate with others on IBM Knowledge Center
- Use the IBM Knowledge Center site on various mobile devices
- Personalize your experience with IBM technical information
To enjoy the rich Web experience that this “one-stop shop” provides, check out IBM Knowledge Center!