New functions have been introduced and covered in the updates to the OMEGAMON® XE for IMS™ V530.
PTF UA 91324 (March 2017) introduces the following new feature and enhancement:
- Database Details workspaces
You can view information in the new Database Detail workspaces such as the date and time an error occurred and the type of error, which enables you to resolve errors faster and more efficiently. You can also view the health and efficiency of your database depending on its type:
- For data entry databases (DEDBs), you can view information on each area in the database including the percentage of free CIs in independent overflow and in the sequential dependent area.
- For high availability large databases (HALDBs), you can view information on each partition such as the individual status and whether or not online recovery is active.
- For non-fast path and non-partitioned databases (DLI), you can view data set information such as control interval (CI) and control area (CA) splits.
- For main storage databases (MSDBs), you can view information such as whether any fields are invalid or have overflowed.
PTF UA91132 (February 2017) introduces the following enhancement:
- Response Time Analysis (RTA) component enhancement
A new configuration option for response time computation is supported. By default, RTA data collection uses Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) values that are located within most of the IMS log records. For those IMS log records that do not contain UTC values, RTA uses STCK (Store Clock) that is located within the log record and converts these values to UTC format.
Because IMS log records represent very near term historical data, when the system time is changed, for example, Daylight Saving Time, response time metrics might become skewed for inflight transactions. This short-term issue will remedy itself when the report interval pops. If you find it bothersome, use the new configuration option