Are you going to install and use the IWS for z/OS Output Collector feature?
If this is the case you might find usefull to read the following quick guide which summarizes the major steps need to set it up.
Run EQQJOBS clist in order to create the new sample Job JCLs needed for this IWS for z/OS feature.
In EQQJOBS dialog, use option "1" to set the options for the Output Collector. This will generate the following:
- EQQOUC Sample started task procedure for the Output collector
- EQQOUCP Sample initial parameters for the Output collector
- EQQPCS11 Sample to allocate the following new datasets:
- EQQOUCEV Dataset for Controller and output collector communication
- EQQOUCKP Dataser for job log requests checkpointing
- EQQOUCH Sample header template for job logs
NOTE that the following existing samples are also modified by running EQQJOBS:
- EQQCON, EQQCONO It contains a new DDNAME for EQQOUCEV
- EQQCONP, EQQCONOP It contains a new keywords OUTPUTCOLLECTOR and JLOGHDRTEMPL
You might want to add the DDNAME and the keywords directly in your already customized samples.
In order to activate and customize the feature on Controller side, add to the Controller startup statement HTTPOPTS,
the following two new Keywords:
- JLOGHDRTEMPL(member) where member is the name of the EQQPARM member containing the
template for the joblog header.
Optionally, add to the controller startup statement OPCOPTS the keyword:
- OUTCOL(started task) where started task is the name of the Output Collector started task
to have the task started/closed with Controller (like the Server one).
Use EQQOUC sample to create the started task procedure for the Output collector.
Note that in a Sysplex configuration the Output collector started task must reside in the same image where the controller is) and then
customize the OUCOPTS member parameters according to your needs.
For additional details you might want to read the "Scheduling E2E with zCentric capabilities" IWS for z/OS manual, Chapter 11, Paragraphs:
"Collecting job logs with Output collector", "Activating and configuring Output collector" and "Customizing the job log header".
Refer to the documentation available in the library web page, at: