IBM Z® Service Management Suite V1.6.0 is generally available on Dec 06, 2019.
IBM Z Service Management Suite V1.6, formerly known as IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS, is focused on delivering robust management for an IBM z/OS enterprise, encompassing monitoring, automation, network management, and asset discovery. IBM Z Service Management Suite is a simply priced, easy-to-order package of products that run on IBM Z hardware. It provides the tools necessary to support the dynamic growth of transaction workload and data sharing between mobile, cloud, and analytics platforms and the IBM Z platform that drives organizations to modernize and optimize their systems that run in the IBM z/OS environment.
This release updates several components in this suite:
- IBM Z System Automation V4.2
- IBM Z NetView V6.3
- IBM Service Management Unite V1.1.7
As of IBM Z Service Management Suite V1.6.0, IBM OMEGAMON® Performance Management Suite for z/OS will no longer be included. Instead, the suite includes the standalone OMEGAMON products.
Key new in IBM Z Service Management Suite V1.6:
- IBM Z System Automation V4.2 introduces application templates (which enable the dynamic provisioning and de-provisioning of applications) and features other important improvements that increase the usability of the product.
- IBM Z NetView V6.3 provides modernized access to interact with automation and network resources through RESTful API and through NetView-specific overview and domain details dashboards that are included in IBM Service Management Unite component of the suite.
- IBM Service Management Unite V1.1.7 provides new IBM Z NetView dashboards and enhanced IBM Z System Automation dashboards. In addition, it provides support for integrating multiple disconnected monitoring environments, a simplified web-based configuration, and runs now on z/OS using z/OS Container Extensions.
See What's New in V1.6.0 for more details about the new features of each component.
Check out more information in IBM Z Service Management Suite Knowledge Center: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSANTA_1.6.0/com.ibm.smsz.doc/smsz160_welcome_kc.html