I proudly announce that the IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS (SMSz) 1.4.1 is generally available.
SMSz 1.4.1 provides compelling new functions to manage the dynamic growth of transaction workload on IBM z Systems. The functional enhancements described below show the massive amount of new value for z Systems Clients. SMSz 1.4.1 delivers the following new and improved functions:
IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON Performance Management Suite for z/OS, V5.4.1
- OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS (OMEGAMON for JVM), a new stand-alone product, which is also integral part of SMSz, provides resource monitoring of all Java virtual machines (JVMs) on z/OS.
IBM Tivoli System Automation for z/OS (SA z/OS), V3.5
- New SA z/OS best practices policies support z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition and IBM OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS, V5.4.0.
- Enhanced hardware automation management to improve system performance.
IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS, V6.2.1
- Improved serviceability and error identification
- User-defined command authorization for enhanced security
- Ease-of-use and better Canzlog archive support
IBM OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS, V5.4.0
- Real-time monitoring of FICON Control Units
- Enhanced 3270UI allows for quick, easy storage administrator access to critical reports and controls.
- A new history store provides a fast path and improved performance and resource consumption for near-term historical data.
IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS, V5.4.0
- Support for DB2 12, including key DB2 features, such as large object compression, dynamic plan stability, and lifted partition limits
- Updates to DB2 Analytics Accelerator monitoring capabilities
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics on z/OS, V7.1
- New SMSz component to enable users to observe and manage the performance of deployed web applications and the servers they run on.