A new release of the IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS (SMSz) has been announced. SMSz 1.4.1 provides compelling new functions to manage the dynamic growth of transaction workload on z Systems.
The new release contains significant updates to the following components t
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON Performance Management Suite for z/OS, V5.4.1:
OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS (OMEGAMON for JVM), a new stand-alone product, which is also integral part of SMSz, provides resource monitoring of all Java virtual machines (JVMs) on z/OS. The growth of Java technology adoption on z/OS requires system administrators to consider Java performance issues and optimization as part of an overall z Systems™ management strategy. OMEGAMON for JVM provides support for auto-detection of all online JVMs, resource monitoring of JVMs and CPU utilization, and integration with other products within the OMEGAMON family of products.
- IBM Tivoli NetView® on z/OS, V6.2.1:
- Expansion of Tivoli NetView global variable support that extends the user's ability to manage UNIX System Services environments and store long path names or commands
- Expansion of automation table reporting, helping to simplify problem resolution, tracking of metrics, and optimization of the automation structure
- Improved serviceability and error identification for simplified VSAM management
- Security enhancements with user-defined command authorization definitions
- Usability improvements with Canzlog command supported simplification of archive message file handling
- Improved full screen automation support of IBM CICS screens.
- IBM Tivoli System Automation for z/OS, V3.5
- New Tivoli System Automation best practices policies support z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition and IBM OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS, V5.4.0.
- Enhanced hardware automation management to improve system performance. System Automation for z/OS users can model logical datacenere organizations to reduce network traffic and resource allocations.
For more information, please refer to the announcement letter: http