Operational Insights at a Glance – the journey begins!
On June 30, 2016, we released IBM Operations Analytics for z Systems v2.2.0 Interim Feature 2.
With this Interim Feature, tedious searching through volumes of operational data is a thing of the past.
The new Problem Insights dashboard puts key operational issues at your fingertips:
Summarization of key issues per sysplex.
A Problem Insights table that provides a synopsis of the key issues that are affecting the sysplexes that you select.
Suggested Actions that offer actionable advice to help accelerate further problem research and resolution (initially focused on IBM MQ and Network).
What else is new in 2Q2016?
Support for industry-standard log management tools
- z/OS operational data can now be optionally routed through Logstash and Apache Kafka, with many benefits:
- Establish a more open data ingestion architecture.
- Collect data once and send them to multiple destinations.
Support for VSAM data stores
- Gain insight into the operational data that your business applications store in VSAM entry-sequenced data sets (ESDS).
Gain insight into WebSphere Application Server request activities and CPU usage
- Expanded WebSphere Application Server insights using SMF 120.
- Use system-level and controller-level dashboard views to identify opportunities for performance optimization.
Client-Side Expert Advice
- Leverage the benefits of Operations Analytics Expert Advice even if your analytics server cannot access the Internet:
- This new feature will retrieve Expert Advice from the IBM Support Portal using your web browser’s Internet connectivity.
Interested in learning more?
You can take a tour of the IOAz product at any time at http://ibm.biz/ioazlivedemo.
If you would like to try the latest capabilities in your own test environment, consider joining the IOAz Beta program at http://ibm.biz/IOAzBeta.