In the last demo call I have shown you the following overview page which gives an overview of all connected domains in a graphical view, and a global message view showing actions performed by users and other important events. In addition you could click on a domain which updates the analog gauges that show the number of online top-level resources of the domain and the number of top-level resources which are not OK:
We have further evolved this dashboard and the current version now looks like this:
The new version has the following changes:
- Use volume bars instead of analog gauges to present the information about number of online resources and not OK resources. This gives more space for the list below
- A list view of the top-level resources of the currently selected domain (initially the E2E domain). The list is sorted by compound state, so that you immediately see which resources are in a bad state. In addition you can filter by name or by state.
Right now you can even use the list view to trigger actions:
Now my questions:
- What is your general opinion about the new dashboard compared to the first version that I showed in the call?
- Do you like to see the top-level resources of the selected domain with their name, observed state, and compound state using the list widget as shown?
- What do you think about triggering actions? Should it be possible to actually trigger actions like "Request online/offline" etc. from this overview dashboard or should this be changed to only view the resources and not allow actions here (you can always drill-down to the domain page showing all resource details and trigger actions from there). Think about the following issues: In the list you only see the top-level resources. You do not see children, you do not see relationships, etc.
Your feedback is highly welcome!
Thanks and regards, Wolfgang