Learn What’s New with z/OS XL C/C++ at SHARE in Boston
Dwayne_M 10000005FD Visits (2071)
Today, we announced Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V4.4 and z/OS XL C/C++ 2.1.
Session 13789: What's New in Enterprise PL/I and C/C++ will discuss all of the new features of the new compiler versions.
z/OS XL C/C++ features discussed will include:
· Improved z/Architecture exploitation
· Packed Decimal Built-in functions
· New language features: OpenMP API v3.1, C11, C++11, GNU C/C++ language extensions & compatibility
· Metal C enhancements
· Debugging improvements
Session 13790: Make Your PL/I and C/C++ Code Fly With the Right Compiler Options will discuss how to best leverage the compiler options available to you in order to generate the best performing code. The session will answer questions such as:
· What does ARCH(n)/TUNE(n) do for/to my compiled code?
· What can HGPR, FLOAT( AFP ), COMPACT do to improve the code generated by the compiler?
· What coding techniques can benefit from higher arch levels?
· What happens to my code when I turn optimization on?
· What optimization level can get me the sweet spot between compile time and run time performance?
· What other options can affect application performance?