A brief announcement that version 188.8.131.52 of the Tivoli Log File Agent (product code KLO, also known as "LFA") became generally available on December 16, 2011. Both ITM and OMNIbus customers are entitled.
The Tivoli Log File Agent is a configuration file-driven process that monitors log files and sends events to either ITM or OMNIbus (the latter via the EIF probe) based on a user-supplied set of patterns. It is compatible with the "FORMAT" patterns used by the old TEC Log File Adapter, and can also accept full regular expressions. It supports AIX, Linux, Solaris, HP/UX, and Windows. It is capable of monitoring text logs, as well as platform-specific log facilities such as Syslog (including syslog-ng) on UNIX and Linux, Event Log on Windows, and the Error Report (errpt) facility on AIX.
Version 184.108.40.206 added the following features over the previous release:
- Agent restart is no longer required to pick up configuration changes. This enables smooth use of the ITM Central Configuration facility for management of the configuration files.
- Custom Slot attributes with integer type for ITM users. Fields from the matched log records can now be forwarded to ITM as integers rather than strings, so Situations can use arithmetic operators on them.
- Maximum event size is now user-settable (though still subject to the limitations of other components in ITM or OMNIbus).
- 4 APAR fixes:
- IV07245: Semi-colons in Windows Event Log messages are converted to spaces.
- IV07885: Agent occasionally core dumps during shutdown on AIX.
- IV08075: Agent does not start when log file path does not exist on Windows.
- IV08727: Log File Agent incorrectly matches additional files when LogSources file names contain wildcards.