How Rational integration Tester can be used for testing code written in Tibco Business works and Business Events.
This also expalins how to get code coverage report to know how many % of code are executed as a part of your regression testing pack and if not 100% then why?
Level : Advanced Topic
Reader is expected to have basic understanding of Tibco products specially Tibco Active matrix Business works, Enterprise Messaging System ( Tibco implementation of Java Messaging system)
and Complex Event processing (Business Events).
Creating new project
(1) Add Business Works or Business Event project using Architecture School Logical view. You can select either project directory ( local or remote) or DAT file
(2) Add Design time libraries under test. If you want to exclude DTL and decide to test later, you can do so by adding DTL through logical view later.
(3) Associate Business Works TRA file ( Tibco Run time agent) - You can do this later as well
(4) At the end of step 3, you will have Tibco Business works BW project created in logical view and Tibco run time agent created in physical view associated with one another
through an environment. All the environment variables and associated values are imported. If you want to change some value in env variable, you can do this by clicking on
environment and edit variables. Now you have project under imported and business logic modelled with service components, infrastructure components, operations, physical resources
and associated dependencies
Executing test pack
(5) Usually your test pack contains messages as per your requirement and various assertions logic. Ensure your test pack has all the positive and negative test cases
incorporated as per detailed requirement specification. At the end of execution cycle and while taking out code coverage report if code coverage is not 100%, then it could be
either your test sceanrios are incomplete or project has extra code not in use or redundants. We will figure this out through Tibco BW code coverage report
Testing again Deployed code Vs code in developent stages
(6) There are couple of config change you need to make for testing BW deployed code or testing with Tibco designer. Let me explain you why changes are needed below
Monitoring Tibco Business Works
Tibco BW coverage report functionalities uses Rendezvous transport tracing messages to know the code coverage. These tracing messages record the progress of various processes
under test. RIT needs to be configured to listen to these messages in order to produce fully detailed reports, including timings and coverage ( i.e how much of BW has been tested)
You need to set following in properties.config file
You also need to specify Rendezvous transport setting if you want to test with deployed code
(7) Retrieving BW code coverage report
In the report tab, you can select BW coverage report which will give detailed analysis.
There are few examples in the reference guide, however please go through below scenarios and how to get the coverage report
1. A tibco BW project is designed to accept incoming customer arrival soap request over https. Further, Tibco BW project is designed to validate incoming soap traffic against Schema before passing to another BW component
2. Customer Arrival soap request contains header and Body and responsible for sending enterprise event to Tibco Business events if schema validations passes
3. Tibco Business events does complex event processing on the incoming request and generate enterprise event for data analytics i.e Number of arrivals vs number of sold products
4. Tibco BW to Tibco BW communication is through EMS using JNDI connection via SSL mutual authentication
5. Tibco BW and BE project are both designed to pass soap fault with correct error code back to consumer of the service
Good Luck !!!!
Tibco Active Matrix Business Works - is a scalable, extensible and easy to use integration platform that allows to develop business integration projects
Tibco Business Events Complex event processing - Application which can generate meaningful business events by doing complex event processing based on pattern using decision manager
Rendezvous - Tibco RV is a software product that provides message bus for enterprise application integration