Previously, the request for a SmartCloud vmware image was done by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This has seen changed with the transition to Softlayer.
Integration Testing Learning Circle
hollisc 060000T8KA 92 Visits
Dennis Schultz 270003GYWR Tags:  integration-testing proxy http rational rit recording 281 Visits
The second blog in my series on the HTTP proxy is ready!
Over the next few weeks, I will be devoting a series of blog postings to the concept of the message “interceptor” and in particular to the Rational Integration Tester HTTP Proxy. You can find the first installment at The Rational Integration Tester HTTP Proxy: What is it?
Feel free to provide feedback on my blog or here on the proxy or any other topics you would like me to cover in the future.
RIT - Testing Tibco Business Works, Tibco Business Events, Design Time Libraries and Tibco Business Work code Coverage Report using Rational Integration tester
Satya Nayan 270006WYNX 275 Visits
How Rational integration Tester can be used for testing code written in Tibco Business works and Business Events.
This also expalins how to get code coverage report to know how many % of code are executed as a part of your regression testing pack and if not 100% then why?
Level : Advanced Topic
Reader is expected to have basic understanding of Tibco products specially Tibco Active matrix Business works, Enterprise Messaging System ( Tibco implementation of Java Messaging system)
Creating new project
(2) Add Design time libraries under test. If you want to exclude DTL and decide to test later, you can do so by adding DTL through logical view later.
(3) Associate Business Works TRA file ( Tibco Run time agent) - You can do this later as well
(4) At the end of step 3, you will have Tibco Business works BW project created in logical view and Tibco run time agent created in physical view associated with one another
(5) Usually your test pack contains messages as per your requirement and various assertions logic. Ensure your test pack has all the positive and negative test cases
(6) There are couple of config change you need to make for testing BW deployed code or testing with Tibco designer. Let me explain you why changes are needed below
1. A tibco BW project is designed to accept incoming customer arrival soap request over https. Further, Tibco BW project is designed to validate incoming soap traffic against Schema before passing to another BW component
2. Customer Arrival soap request contains header and Body and responsible for sending enterprise event to Tibco Business events if schema validations passes
3. Tibco Business events does complex event processing on the incoming request and generate enterprise event for data analytics i.e Number of arrivals vs number of sold products
4. Tibco BW to Tibco BW communication is through EMS using JNDI connection via SSL mutual authentication
5. Tibco BW and BE project are both designed to pass soap fault with correct error code back to consumer of the service
Tibco Active Matrix Business Works - is a scalable, extensible and easy to use integration platform that allows to develop business integration projects
Tibco Business Events Complex event processing - Application which can generate meaningful business events by doing complex event processing based on pattern using decision manager
Rendezvous - Tibco RV is a software product that provides message bus for enterprise application integration
Satya Nayan 270006WYNX 258 Visits
a)Get the Installer by login to Passport Advantage site - Web Assembly Version
Notes: Passport Advantage Site has two version of installer.
Web version, they call Web Assembly, is easy and fast to install but has limitations.
Limitations: If your organization uses proxy, scrict group policy and routing script in internet explorer, This web version will not work as it requires some files on fly during installation.
You also need to specify correct physical proxy server in order to downlaod the web assembly version. As i know, many organization uses proxy server which may or may not be on physical server, you might have hard time to install using proxy. Anyway, perform test connection to know if the settings are correct. If security policy on internet explorer has strict restrictions then even after successful download, you will face issue during install.
I would recommend not using Web assembly version if proxy is used to connect to internet.
b) Get the Installer by login to Passport Advantage site - Non Web Assembly Version
1. Select Following package
IBM Rational Integration Tester V8.5.1 Multiplatform Multilingual (CIS9EML)
IBM Rational Integration Tester Control Panel Multiplatform Multilingual ( CIS9FML)
IBM Rational Integration Tester Platform Pack Multiplatform Multilingual ( CIS9GML)
IBM Rational Integration Test Work bench Setup Multiplatform Multilingual (CIS9HML)
IBM Rational Integration Test Work bench Core Multiplatform Multilingual (CIS9IML)
IBM Rational Integration Test Quick Start Guide Multiplatform Multilingual (CIKQ2ML)
2. Extract it and run the Installtion Manager with the tsf file selected for all the above. When doing the extraction extract all the .zip files downloaded above to the same directory, they will still have a subdirectory underneath this one for each product. This prevents Installation Manager from having to prompt for the location of each product's repository
3. Remaining steps are self explanatory.
Licnesing and RIT Tester agent
Login to IBM Rational License Key Center, click on get License, store the floating or single use file into a directory and through Installation Manager you can configure licenses.
More Info can be can be found at following location
RIT Tester Agent - It is a java process used by the performance test controller to start test engines and probes. If you are not using performance test server, do not spend much time on this, you are good to go. Note that agent is part of performance test server or virtualization server assembly.
There are tech notes about the config file change you need to do before Agent can start and work correctly for perforrmance test server
1. Do i need to update the Libraries in the Library Manager for different protocol.
No. RIT is exact replica of Green Hat Tester product. Library Manager automatically finds all the jars or related libraries
2. Do i need to upgrade the DB schema?
No. Exisiting DB schema is good enough if your Green Hat version is 5.4.1. RIT will work with that schema
3. Do i need to uninstall GH Tester before installing RIT?
I would recommend to uninstall GH Tester before installing RIT.
Good Luck !!!
Rational Integration Tester uses a graphical model to define portions of the System Under Test to help accelerate the creation of tests and stubs. I recently blogged about how this implementation of model-based testing is different than past approaches.
In order to enable those that are relatively new to the Green Hat Technology I am trying to come up with a small number (4-7) demo scenarios that could be demonstrated in under 10 minutes each. Each scenario would demonstrate one of the key values of the Green Hat technology.
I would very much appreciate input relative to the scenarios.
Here are a few that I have come up with. Please feel free to provide constructive criticism.
Please feel free to comment on these and please suggest others.