Analytics solutions for your ecommerce stores
IBM provides for a rich-platform of analytics which pre-integrate with your WebSphere Commerce based storefront, allows has provision to integrate with multiple analytics providers based on your needs.
The retailers have always wanted to know the precise behavior of their shoppers, and how the shoppers browse and navigate their storefronts. IBM Tealeaf records what your customers are seeing on your store web pages and how they interact with store pages. By using Tealeaf to provide insight into your customers’ online experience, you can monitor business and usability metrics, identify issues in real-time, and prioritize site improvements.
The pre-built integration of IBM WebSphere Commerce with IBM’s Digital Analytics (formerly known as coremetrics) allows for a simplified and easy interaction. I am not going to dive into the integration details (which is fairly easy) as that is well documented in InfoCenter. I would like to present my views on getting started with the Top 10 reports that would help you maximize the learning from the interaction your customers perform on your storefront through Digital Analytics tool.
Top 10 reports from IBM Digital Analytics for your WebSphere Commerce based storefront
The following set of reports would be your go to data points as retailers, marketers and web merchandizer that will provide you with the ability to catalog, search rules, eSpots and promotions based on your store performance. I will also highlight on some of the integrations with the WebSphere Commerce Management Center tool, which allows the retailers to have an integrated marketing experience.
- The elementary data and more - View the dashboard for the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) like Unique Visitors, Page Views, Average Time Per Page, Bounce Rate. It also give the Purchase Funnel, Sales Heatmap, Top Pages, Page View Trend, Device Types.
- Your shopper searching for - View the most popular search terms your customers enter when they use your onsite search. You can identify commonly searched terms, and successful and unsuccessful searches. You can also view the number of orders received and sales generated in the same customer session. The Management Center provides direct report launching menu from Catalog Tools => Search Term Associations => Right Click on ‘View On-Site Search Report’. Here is a visual of how to launch the Report using Management Center.
- How are the categories faring - View the product sales, views, and abandonment by categories. The Management Center provides direct report launching menu from Catalog Tools, click a catalog to display its categories. Right-click any category, and then click View Product Categories By Category Report. The following example shows the categories in Aurora storefront, where the catgory 'Apparel' is out-performing others.
- View your cross-sold products - This lists the top 20 items that are purchased on your site by unique buyers, and the top five items that were cross sold with each of these products during the selected time period. For each cross sold item, this report lists the number of common buyers over the time period, and the number of common visitors who purchased the two items during the same visit.
The Management Center provides direct report launching menu from Catalog Tools. In Catalog, open the product, and then go to the Merchandising Associations tab. Above the Merchandising associations table, click the IBM Digital Analytics report iconView Cross Sold Products Report icon.
- Visitor Purchase Funnel –View the purchase funnel on the storefront from new visitors, unique visitors. This will provides you to plan and manage the infrastructure needs during sales, promotions and holiday seasons. The following snapshot shows the the funnel of visitors in percentage as they visit the store, browse products, add to cart and complete the purchase.
- How well are you leveraging the E-Marketing Spots - View the metrics for clicks, sales, orders for eSpots. Get an understanding on which e-Marketing Spots are generating returns.
- View the campaigns reports – View reports for clicks, sales, orders, and sessions for the campaign, and for individual web and email activities that are associated with the campaign.
- View the promotions report – You can monitor the effectiveness of individual promotions available to your shoppers.
- Product Recommendations – You can view personalized product recommendations on store pages by using IBM Product Recommendations, formerly known as Coremetrics Intelligent Offer.
- Benchmark reports - You can view and compare your website performance against industry leaders and peers to unveil competitive advantages and weaknesses.
Right data is the key to staying competitive and winning in today’s marketplace. While you leverage the power of the analytics from these tools, IBM is continuing to invest into building further capabilities. IBM Commerce is working on tools to enable the web merchandizers bring the best to their customers through deeper insights. Watch out for this space in 2015. You may see the announcement on some of these tools on IBM Amplify 2015 Announcements.