We are pleased and excited to announce the release of IBM Spectrum Symphony 7.1.2 ... available June 23, 2016!
This is our first offering under our newly rebranded IBM Spectrum Computing family ... which continues to provide the innovative features and functions you expect from Platform Symphony.
Key highlights for version 7.1.2:
- Componentized installation and architecture ... allowing a more flexible way to install IBM Spectrum Symphony ... and its complementary products (IBM Spectrum Conductor 2.1, IBM Spectrum Conductor with Spark 2.1, or IBM Spectrum LSF 10.1).
- Upgraded Big Data integration ... to provide support for the current versions of Hadoop, YARN, and Ambari for IBM Open Platform (IOP) BigInsights ... and for HA in an Ambari integrated environment.
- Extended support matrix ... for additional or upgraded versions of operating systems, browsers, file systems, distributions, frameworks, databases, and software.
- YARN fine-grained workload scheduler ... for YARN applications running in an EGO-YARN environment. Now get resources directly from EGO multidimensional scheduling, eliminating overhead workload scheduling from the YARN resource manager in previous versions.
- Seamlessly migrate the SSM for an application ... from one server to another, without disrupting workload.
- Current and previous versions of the RESTful APIs ... so you have a choice. If you have scripts that were written for the previous API version, you are not required to make any changes to those scripts, but can move to the current version to take advantage of the latest functionality.
Read all about it!
Service Management Connect info page:
IBM Knowledge Center:
Download a free trial version!
IBM Spectrum Symphony Evaluation Edition:
IBM Spectrum Symphony Developer Edition:
As always, continue to follow this blog series for more technical articles and exciting news about IBM Spectrum Symphony!