Newsflash: IBM Spectrum Symphony version 7.3.0 is here!
We are excited to announce our latest release of IBM Spectrum Symphony: version 7.3.0.
Get the details
At a glance:
- Extended enterprise-class security:
- The cluster management console GUI now uses a more secure and modern framework.
- Configure Secure Socket Layer (SSL) more easily by using a single tool across all IBM Spectrum Symphony components.
- SSL system daemon communication support added for heterogeneous (mixed operating system) clusters.
- Extended functionality for the GSS-Kerberos plug-in, and removal of the Admin password dependency.
- TLS and TCP support for Dockerized service instances.
- AES-256 encryption for your reporting database.
- Expanded solution integration:
- Enhancements to host factory for cloud bursting: ability to close cloud requests, faster host returns, numerous enhancement for AWS support, sample configuration files, and more.
- Prepaid usage monitoring for cloud resources.
- New application and technology prototypes (technical previews) for functions as a service (FaaS), and directed acyclic graphs (DAG). These showcase how IBM Spectrum Symphony can integrate with other technologies.
- Enhanced cluster, application, and workload management:
- New calendar-based resource plans: configure slot-based resource plans for specific calendar points to accommodate recurring application requirements.
- Use the Service Director as your internal DNS server, removing the external DNS dependency -- especially useful for cloud deployments.
- New and enhanced CLI, environment variables, and messages to ease your everyday tasks.
- Improved performance and stability.
- Enhanced log retrieval and support for CEF (Common Event Format) audit logs
- And more! Read all about it:
- Supported system configurations, full list of what's new for this version, and what's changed in our product release notes.
- Details of each new feature and enhancement in IBM Knowledge Center. And for the first time ever, we provided IBM Knowledge Center content completely online so you always have our most current information.
Go get it:
Download an evaluation version of IBM Spectrum Symphony 7.3.0.
Download the developer edition for a small taste of IBM Spectrum Symphony: play with a two-compute host test environment.
Contact your IBM representative to purchase and download the full production version.
Pro tip: We've also refreshed our download sites - check out the blog featuring that news!
Please continue to follow this blog series, for more technical articles and exciting news about IBM Spectrum Symphony. Enjoy version 7.3.0!