Host factory enhancements for IBM Spectrum Symphony 7.3 are now available on IBM Fix Central.
Download this update for Linux x86_64 hosts to take advantage of the following new cloud bursting features:
- Prevent delays in dynamic provisioning when the history of completed tasks is not available for cloud bursting calculations.
- Add a comment automatically when host factory closes a cloud host using the egosh resource close command.
- Enhance provisioning from the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud as follows:
- Enable host factory connections to AWS through a proxy server.
- Enable a new “Capacity Optimized” allocation strategy for AWS Spot Fleet requests.
- Configure your own Elastic Block Store (EBS) root device volume size for AWS EC2 On-Demand and Spot instances.
Download interim fix 532760 from IBM Fix Central. Then, follow the instructions in the readme to apply the fix to your 7.3 cluster.
Talk to us!
Comments, questions ... talk to us! Add a comment to this post or start a topic in our forum.