Top 14 Best Drones Under $50
Lets say you saw people having fun with drones in the park and it piqued your curiosity or your kids are constantly bugging you to buy them one. And, after all, you do like gadgets as much the next fellow, but you are not exactly rich or you simply don’t want to spend much money on such a thing. We got you covered. Here are 14 drones that will not make your bank account cry and will still give you functionality and ease of use of more expensive models.
• 14. Floureon H101 2.4GHz RC Quadcopter – What we have here is a quadcopter with brushed motor with 5-7 minutes of flight time. It might not seem like much but considering small dimensions of this thing and how cheap it is we can’t complain. With price of ~$13 you get a small drone which can be charged with USB and total 3D inverted flight. You get what you paid for.
• 13. JJRC H20 Hexacopter – This thing, if nothing else, has style. One press automatic return ensures that you can call back your quadcopter without any delay. Which is nifty when you need to go, or stop annoying your family or significant other while you pilot this cute little drone around the house. We do not recommend you do such a thing though. With radio control which ensures more stable connection this can be a cheap drone for you with a price ~$17.
• 12. ZHICHENG Z1 2.4G RC Quadcopter RTF – I personally love the design of this drone. It is black, it is slick, it has that dystopian futuristic look to it. Sure, it is at very edge of our price range, with ~$50 for one. But it has higher sensitivity in response, and further control distance. And you can fly it both indoor and outdoor. To top it off, this model has 2.0 MP HD camera which is great for areal photography. Why is it not higher on the list? Just because of unproven manufacturer. Got to be careful, eh?
• 11. Helic Max Sky Walker – I wasn’t sure about this one but I must admit it is handy for beginners. It has ball shaped propeller protector which is perfect for first time users or for kids. That way it will not be damaged or damage anything while you or your little ones fly it around the house. Don’t quote me on that one, where there is will mischief can happen. Other than that particular feature this drone is nothing to write home about. Price of ~$22 is a little bit too much for what it provides but consider it paying extra for peace of mind since this drone is a bit safer to use.
• 12. Cheerson CX - 10A – This one is a legend when it comes to starting drones. Easy to use, 4 channel headless mode, hovering function and 3 different speeds. Pretty cheap with ~$17. Nothing else you need to know. Nice, little entry level drone with not much to it, but what it has it does well. Oh, and it comes in 4 different colors, gold, silver, black and white. What more do you need?
• 11. SY - X31 RC Quadcopter – What makes this one different? Nothing much, other than it looks freaking awesome at night. The drone will shine in the darkness, making it great for some night time fun and it will look like a UFO. Pranking is not encouraged but if someone is tricked it is not your fault, right? And it is easy to carry. With a price of ~$17 it is a perfect gift for your kid.
• 10. LiDiRC L15FW – This one packs quite a few functions for this price range. Nicknamed "waterproof fairy" because ... well it is waterproof.. You also get all the other neat things like, headless mode, one-key-return function, 3D aerobatic flight, 720P HD FPV transmits in the real time through WiFi, making it easy to record on phone via drones 0.3M camera. And with a price ~$43. Nice, right? You can find on DronesInspector more drone with camera. Well, we thought so too.
• 9. SY X25 - Do you like cars as well as drones? Well in that case this is the one for you. With a nick name “space explore” it brings all those children’s dreams you had when you were young. And now with a price of ~$43 you can fulfill your childhood dreams.
• 8. UFO 3000 – Forget SY - X31 if you want your personal mini UFO.This quadcopter has extra bright LED lighting that will shine in the dark giving it that X-Files feel. Plus it is great for beginners too. Sure, price is ~$50 but for a bit of style and great potential for fun, you can pay few extra bucks.
• 7. RC Stunt Drone Quadcopter – For beginners who want something a bit more extravagant, this could be a great pick. Package includes: Quadcopter, remote controller, 2 Li-Polymer rechargeable drone batteries, 2 USB charger, replacement blades and practice landing pad. Which is a good deal for ~$48.
• 6. Hasakee Mini RC – Named blue bee because of its color and sound it makes. It is a great choice if you really want camera on your first drone. It has two speeds, low speed for beginner, high for skilled aviator. Which is nice thing to have when you are just starting with this hobby. And price is not so bad, ~$35 is quite decent for a drone of this size and capabilities.
• 5. BAYANGTOYS X8 - This drone has strong stability, even stronger wind resistance, and it is easier to control. With old-fashioned controller and great 2.0 MP camera it is an amazing choice for people who invested some time into drones or for a first time users. And controller has LCD display that shows more details for your convenience. With price of ~$40, it is a nice pick for everyone.
• 4. Hubsan X4 H107L – Hubsan is a very popular manufacturer for UAV. And this particular model has great camera for a ~$35 drone. It has propeller rotor protection guard, which is always nice to have in a starting drone. And for the money you can get this beauty you get one sweet flying toy. And quality of the frame is quite durable which is one more point for beginners.
• 3. UDI U818A-HD - Alright, this model can be a little bit pricier than 50 bucks in some regions but 3-4 dollars more are worth it. Especially since you are getting a drone that has characteristics of 100$ models. Headless/IOC function, HD camera, unique design and with upgrade possibility with extra battery and 4GB Micro SD memory card. It is a sweet deal, however you look at it.
• 2. Floureon FX-10 – Why is this cheap 18$ drone this high on the list? Because it is world's tiniest pocket hand thrown drone out there. A remote is bigger than this little thing. It is designed with the concept of lightweight and compact body, and you can hold 4 of these in the palm of your hand. How awesome is that? Like some robotic little insect that you can control. It has an exquisite workmanship surface management and harmonious structure design; three speeds and LED light in one small package. What more do you need?
• 1. Cheerson CX - 10C – If the last entry was the smallest hand thrown drone, this one is the smallest one with a camera. With 0.3MP camera packed into a compact quadcopter you can take pictures and videos to record all your important moments. And with style at that. Flight time is not so good, because of its size, but charging time is really fast, so that is not much of an issue. It has a hover function and 3 flight speed modes. And LED light. So many things in such a tiny gadget and with a price just around 21$, this drone in particular rightfully earned the no.1 spot on this list.