HOW TO extend your Group description
amidewar 120000PJHR Comments (4) Visits (3709)
Here's how it works:
1. Download this overview.html file (you'll need to unzip it). Open it up and add HTML to reflect what you want to show up in your group. You need to add your HTML to the area designated in the template. Be careful not to remove anything else in the template.
2. You will need to identify the height of your html page - just add the value (don't include px)
3. Save the file as overview.html.
Now we need to store the file. We'll do this in blogs.
4. Add a blog to your group. (Go to "Customize" and select "Blog"). If you already have a group blog then you are one step ahead. If you don't plan to use your group blog for anything more than this then go ahead and "hide it" - be careful not to remove it (You can select "hide" from the drop down in the top right corner of the blog module that appears in your group)
5. Now go to Blogs (you can either select your blog from the left navigation of your group or select blogs from the top navigation in the black of any My developerWorks page)
6. Select the middle tab - My blog and identify the blog associated with the group you wish to modify
7. Select "Settings". Then you'll see two tabs - select "Create and Edit" and then select "File uploads"
8. Upload the file "overview.html" - If you are attempting to overwrite or update a previous overview.html file - then be sure to delete the original file first and then upload the new file.
The HTML you created in the overview.html should display directly UNDER the default group description.
Here is where the example starts... it ends just before the "Tags" in the center column
Here's a few additional tips: