So I know its pretty obvious, but in case you have been living under a rock - developerWorks has a TON of technical content available - updated regularly. There is content for the most advanced user and the "just getting started" user. And there is a VERY good chance that there is content that your group members would be interested in. So how do you get it in front of them? Here's a sure fire trick to get the most relevant, most up-to-date related developerWorks content in front of your group members - Create a developerWorks custom feed! Here's how:
Check it out!
- Go to developerWorks RSS feeds > Build your own feeds
- Now the ball is in your court - First, choose the technical areas you are interested in
- Select the type of content you want to display (you have a lot of choices - articles, tutorials, podcasts, demos, technical briefings, downloads and more)
- Add some filters (if you want, this is purely optional) such as date, keywords, and the number of entries to display
- Finally, choose your format. For your group - you probably want to choose RSS and submit. The RSS feed will display - right click on the URL in the address bar and select "Copy link location" - you should know the drill from here - but in case you don't - just "add a new feed" under "Feeds" in your Group and paste the RSS feed URL).
- PS. There are other things you can do with developerWorks custom feeds - like an HTML module you can add to your group wiki.... well you can see the options here.