There are no new updates for the COBOL runtime for this fix pack. The most recent update is PTF UK75483.
This fix pack contains quite a few enhancements:Many of these enhancements are in response to requests that came in to us through the Rational RFE Community, specifically:
- Rich UI
- Build descriptor options
- Java and COBOL processiong
- Increased security for EGL REST-RPC services
- Saving processing time during an automatic build and generation
- Potential change to a linkage properties file
- 22602 - Power users can greatly improve the code generation performance in headless build mode with this new feature.
- 17691 - Native and generated Java code can now share database connections, allowing you to commit database changes that were made earlier in a run unit, even though the run unit contains both kinds of code
- 16407 - Support for multi-environment programs in EGL
- 10687 - Java runtime performance enhancements, including static structure definitions for fixed records
We encourage everyone to continue using the RFE community to submit requests, plus comment and vote on requests from others.
Xiang Yue Gao
EGL Development Team