I'm very happy to announce that RBD 22.214.171.124 is finally
available, a little holiday gift from us to you!
This fix pack contains a lot of fixes, especially in the areas of COBOL generation, Java generation, debugger, and page designer. So everyone who is using RBD 7.1.x should install it.
You can download the fix pack from the support site: IBM Rational Business Developer Version 126.96.36.199.
If you deploy your applications on zSeries, you should also get current maintenance for Rational COBOL Runtime; there are a couple of PTFs that need to be applied.
In addition to bug fixes, this fix pack contains a number of small enhancements:
- Improved performance for generated COBOL programs that use static library constants or SQL.
- Improved performance for generated COBOL programs that use host variables where the variable data type is different from the column type.
- Added the following build descriptor options for COBOL generation to specify whether to initialized data for a called program on load or on each call.
- initIORecordsOnCall* Improved performance for the debugger when using the call statement.
- Removed restriction of 30 parameters on a CALL statement
- Added preference to generate WSDL file using the EGL V6 naming convention
- System libraries now call a common translation module (EZEUCODE) that the user will compile on their machine as part of the install. This EZEUCODE module will issue the COBOL FUNCTION NATIONAL-OF and DISPLAY-OF built in functions, thus making use of their local code page at runtime.
- Added debug preference for returning dates in the local date format for text host variables associated with date columns.
- Trailing blanks are trimmed for run unit properties for egl.ConsoleGUI
- Support for generation using EGLCMD, enabling batch generation for JSF applications
- Wildcard support in EGLSDK and EGLCMD generation commands