During the week of February 23, Jon Sayles and Scott Pecnik have been teaching a try-out course on EGL Rich UI. I am doing the general Q&A session on Friday, and all the hard questions will be addressed then.
Dr. Chris answering the questions of live....
Some very good questions that came from the audience were:
- When creating a library there’s an RichUI properties library option, what’s this?
- In JSF we have request,session and application variables how to handle this in RichUI?
- In Batch/JSF we have the rununit.properties file or the environment variables to store properties how to handle this in RichUI?
- Are there any plans to do something with the ExtJs GWT widgets in RichUI?
- What about support in RichUI for the DOJO widgets?
- For the development environment, are there any plans to make the design and preview tab available for RUIWidget handlers?
- When defining an event handler, I have to say "e Event in", what is the significance of the "in" modifier?
- How do I include a CSS file that is shared by more than one project, such as a company-wide global stylesheet?
- In the editor's "design" tab, can I use the outline view to arrange widget layout, instead of dragging and dropping in the visual editor canvas?
- Can I include things like <meta> tags in my generated HTML file?
- What happens at runtime when the children field is set? What is the life-cycle of widgets and RUIHandlers?
- How does RUI support I18N?
- How can I handle window.onClose events?
We will go over these questions Feb. 27, 11am EST.