On Tuesday, IBM released Rational Business Developer (RBD) 7.5.1. RBD 7.5.1 delivers many new capabilities, including EGL Rich UI, which simplifies the delivery of rich Web 2.0 applications. New features in version 7.5.1:
Other recent features:
- EGL Rich UI - enables simplified development, testing, and debugging of Web 2.0 style applications. Features include:
- Editor for visually constructing Rich UI applications, including a palette that contains available widgets, an outline view that shows hierarchy of widgets, and a properties view to enable quick editing of widget settings
- Rich out-of-the-box widget library, including data table, calendar, and basic data entry widgets
- Extensibility to support other third-party widget libraries such as Dojo Dijit and Yahoo UI
- REST and SOAP Web service support
- Support for back/forward and history within rich UI application
- Publish/subscribe mechanism that enables simplified messaging between UI components
- Decimal support
- z/VSE platform support - enables generation of COBOL capable of running on the z/VSE platform.
- Support for calling SQL stored procedures - includes new keyword to support the calling of SQL stored procedures from within EGL-generated COBOL.
- Support EXCI interface in z/OS® batch programs - enables calling of CICS transactions from batch programs on z/OS
- Support for CICS Channels and Containers
- Enables EGL applications generated as COBOL running on CICS Transaction Server V3. (CICS TS V3.2) or higher to support new channels and containers feature which enables the passing larger amounts of data between programs running within CICS.
- Enables EGL applications generated as Java and running on distributed servers to utilize the CICS Channel and Container support to pass more than 32K of data to and from a remote CICS region. This requires both CICS TS V3.2 or higher and CICS Transaction Gateway V7.1 or higher.
- Ability to shell-share with other Eclipse 3.4-based Rational tools, including Rational Developer for System z 7.5 and Rational Developer for i for SOA Construction
- Support for deployment to WebSphere Application Server 7.0 and WebSphere Portal 6.1.
For more information, visit the announcement
on the EGL Cafe overview page.