The following new capabilities are introduced in Rational® Business Developer V9.5.1:
New OS Support:
- Mac OS X Support
Now you can install Rational Business Developer on Mac OS X. For more details on supported versions of Mac OS X, refer to Software Product Compatibility Reports. Most features of RBD are supported.
MAC is added as a target system for Java™ generation and resource associations (seqws and remote vsam types are supported).
The following features are not supported:
- Remote SQL access to z/VSE® DB2®
- Remote VSAM access via DDM/DFM
- Ubuntu Support
Now Rational Business Developer officially supports Ubuntu.
New Language Enhancement:
- open considerations for file I/O
In the context of file I/O that does not involve databases, the EGL open statement opens the file that is associated with a given record variable. As the EGL get or add statements open files automatically, you can use the EGL open statement to clear the file without any actual I/O being done. For more information, see open considerations for file I/O
setCharacterEncoding() is a system function that specifies an alternative encoding for a CHAR, MBCHAR, or DBCHAR variable. For more information, see setCharacterEncoding()
- Support for CICS® Channels on VSE
EGL programs that are generated for VSE CICS can now use CICS Channels to pass parameters. This means that you can pass up to 30 parameters of unlimited size (bounded by the storage available in the CICS region). Both the caller and the callee must run under CICS. This feature requires CICS Transaction Server for z/VSE 2.1, which is available for z/VSE 6.1.
- For more information on CICS Channels, see "Part 8. CICS Channels and containers" in CICS Transaction Server for z/VSE V2.1 Enhancements Guide.
- For more information on EGL support for CICS Channels, see parmForm in callLink element.
- XMLLIB support for COBOL generation
EGL programs that are generated for COBOL environments can now use the XMLLIB system function to generate to XML strings or extract from XML strings. For more information, see EGL library XMLLib
Rich UI enhancements:
- Rich UI widget projects update
By default, the following Rich UI system projects are in use:
- For EGL widgets that are not based on Dojo: com.ibm.egl.rui_4.3.3
- For EGL Dojo widgets: com.ibm.egl.rui.dojo.widgets_2.3.1
- For EGL Dojo samples: com.ibm.egl.rui.dojo.samples_2.3.1
- For the local Dojo runtime access: com.ibm.egl.rui.dojo.runtime.local_1.10.4
- fixFirstColumn property for DataGrid
fixFirstColumn is a new property for the DataGrid widget to specify whether the first column (like a title column) will be fixed when you scroll horizontally. For more information, see Rich UI DataGrid and DataGridTooltip.
- Support move by name for RUI
Move.. by name statement is supported in RUI now to enable quick copy of record in RUI. For more information, see move.
- EGL Dojo Mobile widgets
By default, the mobile widgets in use are updated to 1.5.0.
More widgets such as DojoMobileTextBox, DojoMobileRadioButton are added to provide more capability. For more information, see EGL Dojo mobile widgets
- Global way to set http authentication for calling all services
In Rational Business Developer V9.5.1, you can set UserID and Password for calling all services by serviceLib.setHTTPBasicAuthentication (UserID, Password).
- Ant task egl.createInterfaceFromWSDL
A new Ant task named egl.createInterfaceFromWSDL is introduced to enable creation of egl interface from a WSDL file via Ant. For more information, see egl.createInterfaceFromWSDL.
Rational Business Developer V9.5.1 updates the annotation enableSaveRestore. Now you can use it for program variables like records to control whether the variable's data is preserved across a segmented converse. For more information, see Master list of all EGL properties.
New EGL generation time options:
The deepNullaCheck build descriptor option specifies whether any variable will check the null status of the referred value when you compare the variable to null. For more information, see Overview of build descriptor options.
- defaultServiceHttpBasicUserId and defaultServiceHttpBasicPassword
These two build descriptor options specify the default UserID and Password for calling all services. For more information, see Overview of build descriptor options.
New EGL Preferences:
- Add meta header for generated HTML
Rational Business Developer V9.5.1 adds RUI preference to specify the HTML meta header that is used in development and deployed HTML. The meta section is also added in the EGL deployment descriptor, you can specify custom meta headers in the deployed HTML file. For more information, see Setting preferences for Rich UI.
- Allow to disable content assist
A menu button is added, and you can press the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+6) to disable content assist. When the workspace is too large, and causes the slow performance of the content assist, this function will be useful. For more information, see Content assist.