Rational Business Developer 9.1.1 is now available. This release contains fixes in many areas of the product, as well as several enhancements. Everyone using RBD is encouraged to upgrade to the 9.1.1 level.
The enhancements in 9.1.1 include the following:
Support for calling CICS programs with JCICS
Ability to specify JCICS as a remoteComType to call CICS programs from EGL applications running under CICS Liberty. This feature requires CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.1 or above.
- Ability to specify JCICS as a remoteComType to call CICS programs from EGL applications running under CICS Liberty. This feature requires CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.1 or above.
New IDE Capabilities
- Option to issue warning messages for moves or assignment statements that would result in truncation of a field
- Ability to defer the compile on EGL parts to allow user to control incremental builds and get improved build performance on save of a file
New Functions in the EGL Parts Reference View
- Provide new filters to show functions that are only related or use the Call statement or Top Level (Standalone) functions
- Provide the ability to copy the contents of the currently displayed tree structure
- Improve performance of content assist for fields in records through better caching algorithms
Provide additional way to specify and remember generation to two target systems
Rich UI and EGL Mobile enhancements:
- Update to the EGL Dojo widget runtime to base on Dojo 1.10.1
Update to the EGL Dojo Mobile widget runtime to base it on Dojo 1.10.1
- Enables support for iOS 8
- Addition of the suppressChangeEvent property for several Dojo Widgets
Provide new functionality in the MVC controller and form to get its valid state
- Improve performance for library variable access in generated COBOL
Note: Rational Business Developer V9.1.1 is an update to an existing RBD 9.1 install. To upgrade to 9.1.1, RBD V9.1 must be installed first from Passport Advantage. Then the IBM Installation Manager can be used to update the package to V9.1.1.
Rational Business Developer Knowledge Center 9.1.1
Fix List for Rational Business Developer
System Requirements for Rational Business Developer
Rational Business Developer 9.1.1
About the Rational Business Developer Knowledge Center (all releases)