I came across a customer critical situation where the customer is using Turkish locale. He was in 5242_3 and he upgraded to 5263. After upgrade, he noticed that mailbox directories in FTP client is not accessible. He gets an error message whenever he selects a mailbox directory : "550 : Not a directory or not permissible". It happens only for Turkish character mailboxes. English character directories are working properly. We analyzed the issue and we found that in 5242_3, the FTP Adapter code is using the default encoding. However, in 5263, we have changed the character encoding as "UTF-8", when there is no encoding passed by client. We tried to change the code to use default encoding in 5263, but with that change, the old mailbox directories created in 5242 with turkish characters are accessible, but new mailbox directories are inaccessible. We saw that the database is storing the turkish characters correctly in UTF-8 format. But, the SI code is unable to display the turkish character mailbox directories properly in SI. We wrote a JDBC program to connect to customer database and figured out that with character encoding set as "ISO-8859-1", the turkish characters are displayed correctly in SI. We tried setting various combinations of character encoding in SI FTP Server Adapter and Filezilla. We tried character encoding "ISO-8859-1" set in FTP Server Adapter and "UTF-8" character encdoing set in FTP Client Filezilla and WinSCP and found that with that setting new mailbox directories are working fine. Even, some of the old mailbox directories are also working fine. We also found that setting "UTF-8" character encoding in SI FTP Server Adapter and Filezilla client works fine for all turkish characters.
Character Encoding in FTP Server Adapter :
Character Encoding in Filezilla :