IBM DevOps Services(https://hub.jazz.net/) is a place where you can collaborate with others to track, plan, code, build and deploy your application in IBM Bluemix. It helps you to speed your development process through continuous delivery. If you want to deploy your application in Bluemix, then you can use IBM DevOps Services to do project management and store your code.
Here are the steps to start using IBM DevOps Services for Bluemix:
1. Register in DevOps Services (https://hub.jazz.net). You can to sign in to the services using the IBM id or Jazz ID.
2. Click the button "Create Project".
3. In the Create Project screen, specify a name and choose the repository where you want to store your code.
You can use Jazz SCM or Git Repository. Here I have used Git Repository to store the code. GitHub is a web based repository service that can store your code and offers version control and other source code management (SCM) functionality. This is something similar to Rational ClearCase.
4. Mark the project as public or private. You can change it later by selecting Settings -> Options, and then change the public/private setting.
5. If the code is already at GitHub, then choose the "Connect to an external GitHub repository" option.
6. If you want to deploy the application to Bluemix, then select that option. This option can also be changed later.
7. Click the Create button.
8. Now the Project has been created. You can invite other members to the project by clicking Members - Manage and Invite Members. Once they have joined the project, you can collaborate with them to track, plan and code your application.
Using the GitHub repository
In IBM DevOps Services, click the Edit Code button to add/modify your code using GitHub repository. You will notice that your code in now opened with Orion Editor. You will be able to add,modify and save your application.
You can compress your eclipse project as a zip file and import the code in GitHub using File - Import option. Once the code is imported, you can modify and save the code.
Now that you have made changes in your local repository and the changes are visible ONLY to you. To publish your changes and make the code visible to other team members, you must commit and push the changes to GitHub Repository. In the left corner below the pencil icon, you will notice the Git icon. Click that icon and expand the left side of the screen, you will able to see the changes you made in the repository. Select the file changes, enter a comment and click Commit.
After committing the changes, click the push button in Outgoing folder as shown below. This will publish the changes to GitHub repository.
Now that the changes are published and are visible to other team members. You can find that the code is visible in your project and you can give the GitHub URL to others to view and download your code, if the project is created with "public" scope.
Track & Plan
In IBM DevOps Services, click the Track & Plan button to create work items and assign it to your team members. You will be able to collaborate and discuss with other team members like add comments, attach files, send it for approval, send reminders and create deadline for a work item.
Deploy the application in Bluemix
In IBM DevOps Services, click the Build & Deploy button to build the code automatically when ever there is a change in your code. You can also turn ON the deployment to Bluemix setting. So that the application will get deployed automatically when a new successful build is available.