IBM Innovation Centers are using My developerWorks as a place to connect virtually and build ongoing relationships with the people they work with. Many of the IBM Innovation Centers have started their own groups in My developerWorks.
So today as I was prepping for the demo, I was thinking about the new features of My developerWorks and how an IBM Innovation Center could use those and I wanted to share these tips with everyone. Even if you're not an IBM Innovation Center, these ideas can help you better connect with people in My developerWorks.
Four ideas for using the new features of My developerWorks to build better connections:
1. Visit My developerWorks several times a week (if not everyday!) and update your status with something you're working on, something you're reading, something you like, etc.
2. Visit "My Home" on My developerWorks and check out "My Updates" to see what the people in your network have been up to. Write on their board and respond to their status updates or their recent activity.
3. Expand your group functions by customizing your group
- Start adding files to your group. If you have events, this is a great place to share pre- and post-event materials.4. Expand your personal network on My developerWorks! Anytime you see someone joining your group or with similar interests, or in your local area, ask them to join your network and invite them to join your IBM Innovation Center group if they haven't already.
- Start a group blog and recruit a few other people to write it with you. Aim for about 2 posts a week. IBM Innovation Centers might write about upcoming events, share an event summary and pictures of the event, talk about new developments at the IBM Innovation Center, talk about new technologies you're working on, and share partner spotlights or interviews with partners who use your center.
p.s. If you're interested in more tips on using My developerWorks, be sure to join our My developerWorks enthusiasts group - we'd be happy to have you!