...and speaking of the new developerWorks Commerce site (you did read the last issue, didn't you?), it's not too late to catch next week's IBM Smarter Commerce Global Summit 2012.
Of course, you'll need to act quickly if you're going to get to Orlando, Florida, in time for the conference, which takes place on 5 - 7 September. But your last-minute hustling will be rewarded with one of the most insightful gatherings of its kind. Find out how to connect with today's customers now that they have more information, more access, and more influence than ever before. Join some of the leading minds in the business world as they explore new and innovative ways to harness mobile computing, social networking, business analytics, and much more. And choose from more than 200 business and practitioner breakout sessions covering topics like new technology, best practices, and industry perspectives.
Whether or not you can make the trip, our Commerce site is the ideal place to learn about technologies and strategies that can help you compete in the age of the smarter customer.
Did you catch all that? You may or may not be quizzed on this material in next week's issue. (Conference attendees are exempt.)
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Agile DevOps: The flattening of the software release process (Agile transformation)
- Optimal segmentation approach and application (Business analytics)
- Monitor database activity for application users with Guardium and WebSphere Application Server (Information Management)
- HTML5 2D game development: Introducing Snail Bait (Java technology)
- Build custom embedded Linux distributions with the Yocto Project (Linux)
- Complement canvas with HTML markup: Animation and text rendering (Web development)
- Use WebSphere DataPower and WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition to manage file transfers (WebSphere)