You won't find more enthusiastic supporters of online communities than us. (You do have a developerWorks community profile, don't you?) But we also know that sometimes it's important to get a little face time -- connecting with peers, listening to experts in your field, getting your hands dirty with the latest tools -- and few gatherings in our industry foster face time more effectively than Information On Demand.
This year, IBM's largest conference is expected to draw more than 10,000 attendees to Las Vegas, starting on 23 October. Choose from four different learning forums: Information Management, Business Analytics, Enterprise Content Management, and Business Leadership. Educate yourself at one of more than 700 technical sessions and 110 hands-on labs. Schmooze and explore at the massive EXPO. And while you're there, why not take a certification test (or two)? It's The Place To Be if you deal with information technology or business. Because even in the age of social networking, The Place To Be is sometimes an actual place.
Oh, and Happy Birthday to us ... developerWorks is 12 this week! (Read about it, hear about it.)
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- New WebSphere Developer Technical Journal (WebSphere)
- More locks for your SSH door: Additional ways to harden SSH access (AIX and UNIX)
- An inside look at DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition: Workload management (Information Management)
- Web-based administration of Samba servers (Linux)
- Rational Team Concert goes to school: Collaborative engineering as a class project (Rational)
- Easier XML navigation using XPath with PHP (XML)
| Subscribe | Unsubscribe | Customize