What's the best part of taking a survey? Getting the results. And when those findings can help you move your career forward, well ... need I say more?
This past summer, we asked you to give us your views on the future of technology by responding to our annual IT survey. And respond you did -- more than 4,000 IT professionals from around the globe -- and your insights helped shape the new 2011 IBM Tech Trends Report, which offers a fascinating glimpse into the future of the industry. Covering key topics like business analytics, mobile computing, cloud computing, and social business, the report paints a vivid picture of which technologies will be in demand in the months and years to come. (Sure, cloud is hot right now, but how is it being used, and where is it headed?) Want to know which skills can help you stay ahead of the competition? More importantly, do you want to know how you can help build a Smarter Planet? Have I convinced you to take a look at one of the most influential reports in the IT industry, or do I need to continue asking rhetorical questions?
Thought so. Let us know what you think. And thanks for helping us make it happen!
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Use Google Chart Tools with IBM Mashup Center (Information Management)
- Knowledge path: Monitor and diagnose Java applications (Java technology)
- Case study of model-based systems engineering (MBSE): The centralized systems model of Rational Harmony (Rational)
- Create custom jQuery mobile themes (Web development)
- Create and send alerts with IBM Business Process Manager V7.5 (WebSphere)
- Survey several approaches to XML data mining (XML)