It's one thing to stay current on the latest software development technologies. It's entirely another to actually implement a new solution in a real-world environment. Take cloud computing: Sure, it's fun to consider the possibilities -- but to incorporate cloud development and test into the nine-headed hydra that is a modern enterprise? Get serious!
Well, when it comes to getting you up and running in the cloud, no one is more serious than IBM. Case in point: The launch of IBM Smart Business Development and Test on the IBM Cloud. This dynamically provisioned and scaled elastic environment gives you and your enterprise everything you need to develop and test application code. Read Kane Scarlett's overview of IBM Smart Business Development and Test on the IBM Cloud to find out how you can take advantage of the cloud computing model to develop, test, and deploy enterprise applications. Plus, we've got step-by-step instructions to help you get started, along with answers to frequently asked questions -- all of which (and much more) is available in our Cloud computing resource center.
And of course, we've got plenty more developer resources (see below) to help you wrangle whatever Herculean labors your enterprise throws at you, Hydra or otherwise.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Speaking UNIX: The best-kept secrets of UNIX power users (AIX and UNIX)
- Deploying the DB2 pureScale Feature (Information Management)
- Explore the CDI programming model in ZK (Web development)
- Iterative development in business process management solutions (WebSphere)
- Simple server-side 2G phone apps (XML)
- Unlock local storage for mobile Web applications with HTML 5 (XML)