Big data analytics. Stream computing. Collective intelligence. Hot backup.
If you think Information On Demand is just a database conference, we've got news for you. Lots of news -- coming to you straight from the show floor. All this week, our intrepid podcaster, Scott Laningham, brings you interviews and keynotes from Information On Demand 2010, the newly expanded information and analytics event in Las Vegas. See and hear IBM analysts, executives, business partners, and conference attendees share their insights on the hottest themes in information management -- and learn how you can use information to drive innovation, business optimization, and competitive differentiation. Bonus: IBM evangelist Todd Watson provides color commentary throughout.
Scott's working his tail off to keep you updated all week. (Check out that sport coat!) Maybe when it's over, he'll get a chance to explore some of the local terminology, like bluff, limit, flat top, croupier....
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Evolutionary architecture and emergent design: Environmental considerations for design (Java technology)
- Port Perl scripts from Solaris to Linux (Linux)
- Read and index documents with Xapian and Omega (Open source)
- What's new in Rational Asset Analyzer Version 6.0 (Rational)
- Ajax user authentication and registration techniques with jQuery (Web development)
- Manage static relationship instance data using the WebSphere Process Server relationship manager (WebSphere)
- Search and integrate Google Buzz Streams with PHP (XML)