Think it's time to step away from your routine? Care to mingle with a few thousand other IT professionals and see what they're up to? Maybe get some face time with industry experts and learn some new skills? Or take in the ever-expanding entertainment mecca that is Orlando, Florida? Then clear your calendar for Innovate 2012, the conference that offers a singular opportunity to make connections and explore new territory for software and systems innovation.
Kicking off on Sunday, 3 June, Rational software's Innovate 2012 conference offers nearly 400 technical sessions across 26 different tracks, along with hands-on workshops, engaging keynote speakers, and a massive exhibit hall. Interested in agile development? There's no better place to find out what it's all about and how to get started, and no better opportunity to connect with agile development thought leaders. Other tracks explore IBM Jazz technology, mobile application development, and application security. Needless to say, there's plenty more where that came from, so explore your options with the sample agenda builder -- and if you haven't had a chance, register today!
Those of you who actually live in Orlando are welcome to join us, too ... although I have a tough time believing anything is routine in that city.
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Functional design patterns: The Interpreter pattern and extending the language (Java technology)
- Configure network-to-network and point-to-point VPN connections with IPSEC in Linux (Linux)
- Techniques for rapid mobile solution development (Mobile development)
- Integrating Riak as a heavy-duty caching server for web applications (Open source)
- Calculate your future ROI for software and systems (Rational)
- New WebSphere Developer Technical Journal (WebSphere)
- Improve your XSLT 2.0 stylesheets with types and schemas (XML)