Our life is frittered away by detail ... simplify, simplify.
-Henry David Thoreau
In the maelstrom of information about IT solutions, it can be easy to lose sight of the notion that technology is supposed to make life easier, not harder. With the release of IBM PureSystems, Big Blue is taking a giant step toward easier. This new class of systems combines hardware, software, shared services, and cloud computing with built-in patterns that draw on IBM's many years of IT experience. These pre-integrated, pre-configured systems are designed to simplify your overall experience and enable you to spend more time on your application and less time on its plumbing.
Naturally, there's a lot going on here (IBM deals with the complicated stuff so you don't have to), and developerWorks is the perfect place to get all the details. Our IBM PureSystems overview page features articles, demos, and videos that can help you understand how IBM PureSystems fundamentally changes the IT experience; you'll find architectural and pattern overviews, application development how-to kits, and more. (And IBM Business Partners, be sure to check out our Ready for IBM PureSystems technical validation pages.)
What would Thoreau think? Hard to say, but with the time you save you can always pick up a copy of Walden.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- IBM PureSystems: A game changer in the development, deployment, and management of IT applications (Rational)
- Deploy new applications on IBM PureSystems with plug-ins (Cloud computing)
- Five-part series: Preparing for IBM PureApplication System (WebSphere)
- Implement strong WiFi encryption the easy way with hostapd (Linux)
- Write advanced and wrapper Spring Roo add-ons (Open source)