What's that? You say you like mobile computing? You think it's the future of software development? OK, we hear you. So what are we doing about it? I'm glad you asked -- how about a new developerWorks app for the iPhone? That's right, now you can explore developerWorks content and community, and connect with other IT professionals on My developerWorks, using your iPhone. How'd we do it? Another great question! (Your curiosity will take you far.) In this week's top feature, our own Nick Poore and Ami Dewar show you how straightforward it can be to develop a simple iPhone application using Lotus Connections 2.5 APIs. (And hear them describe the development process in this new podcast).
What else is new on developerWorks this week? An outstanding question that's a pleasure to answer -- see the features list below. Between your newly acquired mobile development skills and your natural inquisitiveness, there's clearly no stopping you.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Bash scripting for beginning system administrators: A hands-on approach (AIX and UNIX)
- Optim Development Studio: Routine development simplified (Information Management)
- Bonita for business process management: Configure a simple workflow (Java technology)
- Hibernate framework-based database sharding for SaaS applications (Open source)
- Using Ext.Direct in Ajax applications: Streamline client-side and server-side Ajax development using PHP (Web development)
- New WebSphere Developer Technical Journal (WebSphere)