At a high level, there are several different values that a My developerWorks group can offer:
- Meet other people with similar interests
- Collaborate/work with other people on a shared goal
- Provide information - knowledge, resources, best practices - to people on a topic of interest
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Start a group wiki - add things like resources, materials, FAQs, contacts, etc.
- Set up the basic outline of your group wiki - then email your group members and ask them to help build it
- Create compelling "start-up" content in your group, and particularly the wiki (how-tos for the community linked to wiki docs, important reference materials, past newsletters)
- Start a group blog - here are some ideas for group blogging
- Add regularly to group bookmarks
- Create the Important Bookmarks content (top right) to establish links to key sites
- Seed the blogs and discussion forums with relevant and contemporary content to spark opinion and contribution. For example : proposed events (linking to the wiki); some leading opinion blogs from significant community members/thought leaders, etc.
If you're interested in meeting fellow My developerWorks enthusiasts, keeping up with the latest My developerWorks news, and sharing tips and best practices for using My developerWorks and social networking, come join us in the