Are you thinking like a hacker? The countless hours you spend planning, crafting, and perfecting your world-class applications are all for nought if you aren't keeping an eye on potential vulnerabilities that can leave you open to security breaches.
This week, IBM security expert Paul Ionescu wants to help you understand the hacker mindset and secure your web and cloud applications. This resource page features an insightful overview video that guides you through common application weaknesses, typical web attacks, and security measures you can implement to keep the bad guys at bay. You'll also find helpful links that enable you to take your security explorations beyond the fundamentals -- including the new developerWorks Security site, which is jam-packed with technical articles, best practices, community resources, products, and more to help you protect your apps.
We think you'll find it worth your time... because, say what you will about hackers, they aren't lazy.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
Our other top features on developerWorks this week:
- Build social media datamarts using SPSS text mining tools (Business analytics)
- New IBM Business Process Management Journal (BPM)
- Choose the best PaaS cloud for your needs (Cloud computing)
- Develop, publish, and deploy your first big data application with InfoSphere BigInsights (Information Management)
- HTML5 2D game development: Graphics and animation (Java technology)
- Tradeoffs and payoffs in moving to DevOps development (Rational)
- Work offline with HTML5 web storage (Web development)
- Maintaining high availability when implementing WebSphere MQ clusters in a clustered WebSphere Application Server environment (WebSphere)