Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves! Here on developerWorks, we often talk about solutions that include virtual software patterns -- but some of you may be wondering what, exactly, a virtual pattern is, and why it's so important.
Time to put the horse before the cart. This week, we explore virtual patterns and show how they can enable you to incorporate existing expertise into your applications and systems. Get started with our slick intro video, which gives you (in 80 seconds!) a high-level overview of virtual application patterns and virtual system patterns: Find out how you can use them to create effective public or private IT systems, and why they're particularly useful in cloud computing environments. Then, get a closer look at the topic with additional videos and articles that explore, in depth, what virtual patterns can do and how they are used in products like IBM Workload Deployer, IBM SmartCloud Enterprise, and IBM PureSystems. (Want more cloud? Stop by our Cloud computing site.)
And once you're equipped with that additional background, you can get your learning horse and cart back on track, and I can quit using 19th-century metaphors.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
Our other top features on developerWorks this week:
- Optimal segmentation approach and application: Clustering vs. classification trees (Business analytics)
- Extend IBM i HTTP Server high availability to the IPv6 environment (IBM i)
- Introduction to IBM Datacap Taskmaster Capture Development Kit (Industries)
- DB2 V10.1 fundamentals certification exam 610 prep: Data concurrency (Information Management)
- Knowledge path: Getting started with IBM Connections V3.0.1 (Lotus)
- What's new in Rational Rhapsody V8.0 and Rhapsody Design Manager V4.0 (Rational)
- Implement hybrid cloud integration with WebSphere Cast Iron and IBM SmartCloud Enterprise (WebSphere)