Let's talk ATMs ... by which I mean automatic teller machines (got to be specific with the IT crowd). Most of us take them for granted: They're a quick, convenient way to grab some cash when we're out and about, and only occasionally do we consider the complexities of ATM security.
But complex it is, and as we all know, a great deal of time, effort, and expense goes into keeping these banking systems secure. This week's developerWorks WebSphere feature takes you behind the touch screen to explore one approach to ATM security -- specifically, how to process secure ATM card data with WebSphere Message Broker. Dr. Hesham Soultan explains how Message Broker does this by integrating two well-known security systems -- Host Security Module (HSM) and IST/Switch. He also describes the important message flows of the integration code, as well as the key parts of the associated ESQL code.
We think you'll be gratified to see how Message Broker's powerful features work to protect your hard-earned money. As for that suspicious-looking guy standing near the ATM, well, you're on your own with that.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
Our other top features on developerWorks this week:
- AIX system migration installation (AIX and UNIX)
- Develop software faster with continuous integration (Cloud computing)
- Get a picture of your IBM i environment with DB2 catalog views (IBM i)
- Optimize storage with deep compression in DB2 10 (Information Management)
- Optimize resource management in supercomputers with SLURM (Linux)
- Enhance your Drupal web site with custom themes (Open source)
- Import Rational ClearCase UCM project code into Rational Team Concert (Rational)