Ah, January -- the time of year when one's thoughts turn to weight loss, finances, personal growth, and ... top 10 lists! That's right, we couldn't start 2011 without doing our annual glance back at the highlights of 2010. Below is our list of the top 10 most popular developerWorks resources from last year, as determined by you. (Want more than 10? Check out our expanded top 20.) The ever-popular "Lazy Linux" article once again grabbed the top spot, but the list also includes an impressive array of current technical topics (such as the well-loved "5 things" Java technology series). And our editorial team had a few favorites, too: Here's a sampler of what they saw as our most noteworthy offerings of 2010.
Meanwhile, 2011 is already in high gear on developerWorks, where you'll find plenty of new resources to help you innovate and stay competitive. We're excited about the year ahead (when a certain company turns 100!), and we look forward to helping you connect with the technologies and expertise you're after. I'll have plenty to keep me busy -- hey, anything to avoid looking at that credit card bill.
Stay solvent. Stay healthy. Stay focused.
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
Top 10 developerWorks URLs for 2010:
- Lazy Linux: 10 essential tricks for admins
- WebSphere Developer Technical Journal
- Introduction to Android development Using Eclipse and Android widgets
- Create modern Web sites using HTML5 and CSS3
- On-demand skills session: An introduction to XML
- 5 things you didn't know about ... everyday Java tools
- Build a dynamic organization tree using GWT and RESTful web services
- 5 things you didn't know about ... Command-line flags for the JVM
- Build skills for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Build dynamic user interfaces with Android and XML