Confession time. With all that goes on here at developerWorks, I sometimes lose sight of how many complex and powerful tools IBM has in its software arsenal. Case in point: Have I mentioned that Rational Software Architect is a comprehensive application design, modeling, and development tool for end-to-end software delivery? Well, it's time I atoned for the oversight. This week, the top feature on our Rational zone shows you how to use Rational Software Architect to convert UML and BPMN model elements to different types automatically -- plus, you'll find updates to two popular articles on Rational Software Architect's topology editor.
Of course, mere prose cannot fully convey how robust this product is, so why not download a trial version of Rational Software Architect V8 and spend a few weeks getting familiar with its rich array of features? Between that and our SOA sandbox exercise, you can become an expert in short order and lift this burden of guilt from my shoulders.
Oh, and I've been eating my kid's Lucky Charms behind his back. Do I need to atone for that, too?
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
Our other top features on developerWorks this week:
- Create a networked tic-tac-toe game for Android (XML)
- Hierarchical Queries with DB2 CONNECT BY: A new method for recursively processing data relationships (IBM i)
- Integrate the rich Internet application framework ZK with Informix to build real-world applications (Information Management)
- Get started with Dojo Mobile 1.7 (Web development)
- Creating a custom business activity monitoring user interface using DB2 Alphablox Query Builder (WebSphere)