You might think that after a dozen years of constant research and improvements (not to mention a well-stocked trophy case) we'd be satisfied with developerWorks. Well, think again.
In our ongoing endeavor to make developerWorks the top destination for the IT community, we are constantly tweaking our content and design to meet the ever-evolving needs of technical professionals like you. Most recently, our usability team found that you wanted a simpler way to scan content on the site, so we streamlined our masthead links, including providing a more straightforward, alphabetical listing of technical topics, and reduced clutter by moving our list of developerWorks features and related links to the bottom of the page. (Find more general IBM links through the "IBM" pull-down menu at the top of the page.) You also told us you wanted easier access to the developerWorks community, so we simplified our sign-in menu. Just like that.
Is that it? Of course not! We can't be the best without your input, so feel free to contact us with compliments, complaints, or comments. Got a brilliant idea for an article or tutorial? Submit an article proposal form. Your insights help us make developerWorks an even more helpful and user-friendly experience. Because the one page we like updating more than any other is the trophy case.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Use ApacheDS to test and configure LDAP authentication with MediaWiki (Open source)
- IBM SmartCloud Enterprise tip: Build multiple VPNs and VLANs (Cloud computing)
- Design an integration landscape with IBM InfoSphere Foundation Tools and Information Server (Information Management)
- Extend Rational Functional Tester to test Adobe Flex or Flash applications (Rational)
- Your first cup of CoffeeScript: Learn the language with hands-on examples (Web development)
- Transform your supply chain with IBM Supply Chain Process Modeler, Part 2 (WebSphere)