Congratulations -- you're in the right industry at the right time! Software is everywhere: It helps make people, products, and processes better, faster, and smarter. That much you know. But are you keeping up with the latest developments in this fast-changing realm?
If you're looking to stay competitive and seize new opportunities, then join us in Orlando, Florida on 5 - 9 June for Innovate 2011, the conference that recognizes, celebrates, and enables software and systems innovation. Network with thousands of peers who face challenges similar to yours, learn how IBM can help through more than 400 sessions (including ALM, cloud, and security), see Watson (the Jeopardy!-dominating supercomputer) in action, enter the "Coolest. Software. Ever." contest, spend an evening at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park -- and, yes, a whole lot more.
Join this webcast with IBM Fellow Grady Booch on 5 May to get an insider's look at the conference highlights (along with a discount!). In the meantime, this video with conference host Felicia Day provides a colorful overview of the proceedings. Don't need any more convincing? Register today for Innovate 2011, and then build yourself a sample agenda.
Consider it your reward for making the world a better place.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Use Node.js as a full cloud environment development stack (Cloud computing)
- Just what is Node.js? (Open source)
- Easy screen grabs on UNIX and Linux (AIX and UNIX)
- Lean development with Collaborative Lifecycle Management (Rational)
- HTML5: What it is, what it isn't, and what's new in CSS3 (Web development)
- Turbocharging WebSphere Commerce web sites with POWER7 technology (WebSphere)
- Extend SugarCRM REST web services to use XML (XML)