What are you doing on your lunch hour? What if I said you could deploy a new application in the cloud and still have time for lunch?
IBM SmartCloud Application Services, IBM's public-cloud platform-as-a-service (PaaS), lets you do this with a secure, automated, cloud-based environment that supports the entire lifecycle of accelerated application development, deployment, and delivery. You get easy access to a suite of application development tools, middleware, and databases that are optimized to run on a virtual infrastructure, as well as application patterns with built-in expertise ... all of which helps you get your web apps up and running in the cloud fast. (We know you're hungry.)
The IBM PaaS runs on -- and automatically deploys virtual resources to -- the IBM infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), IBM SmartCloud Enterprise. It's all part of the IBM SmartCloud line of enterprise-class technologies and services for securely building and using private, public, and hybrid clouds. Want a taste of what we're talking about? Watch the brief overview video and then try IBM SmartCloud free of charge for 90 days. There's not a lunch special in town that beats that deal.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- LDAP user management with RSCT (AIX and UNIX)
- Explore IBM SmartCloud Application Services (Cloud computing)
- Big data security and auditing with InfoSphere Guardium (Information Management)
- Functional thinking: Transformations and optimizations (Java technology)
- Implement POSIX Semaphore APIs using System V Semaphore APIs (Linux)
- Enable or disable validators in Rational Application Developer (Rational)
- Managing application runtime environments in IBM PureApplication System (WebSphere)