A few tips to start with...
- Keep your status updates short and sweet.
- And if you provide a link, consider using a URL shortener such as bit.ly or ow.ly.
- If you're hoping to connect with people in your country who speak your native language such as Japanese or German or Spanish, consider posting status updates in your native language.
Ideas for updating your status on My developerWorks
1. Inform people in your network about projects you're working on, events you'll be at, and places where you're involved in online social networking - this helps your network stay connected with you.
2. Share tips you think other people could use or share something interesting or useful you've read with the people in your network.
3. Share about blog posts you've written and include a URL.
4. Spread the word about things happening you think your network might be interested in.
5. Provide insights into your personal life, this can help your network get to know you better and sometimes inspire closer connections around something you have in common.
6. Ask a question or solicit feedback, for example you might ask if anyone has any recommendations for web sites or books to learn about a particular topic.
7. Use your network's status updates as an opportunity for conversation - respond back to other people's status updates too!
Update your status on My developerWorks and share what you're working on, what you're thinking about, or something interesting you're reading!
If you're interested in meeting fellow My developerWorks enthusiasts, keeping up with the latest My developerWorks news, and sharing tips and best practices for using My developerWorks and social networking, come join us in the