Known Issues in Websphere Portal Server v8.5 CF8 are regularly updated and the same can be checked from here. There seems to be many i guess but need to check once if we face those issues after applying the upgrade.
Enterprise Social Solutions Services
Site Builder is an application that you can use to create site templates or section templates for use with WebSphere Portal. Site Builder is only available with CF08 and Managed Pages must be enabled in order to use Site Builder.
As mentioned in Infocenter, Note: Older versions of Content Template Catalog cannot be used to install Site Builder on WebSphere Portal 8.5 CF08. The old Content Template Catalog version of Site Builder does not work on WebSphere Portal 8.5 CF08 or higher.
I have installed CF8 on my machine and could see this new feature being added. Screenshots below for reference.
1. Login to Portal console and Click on Squares icon. Click on Site Builder.
2. Below screen will be displayed where we can start crating websites using templates. Click on Create Template or Launch Site Wizard. I have clicked on Launch Site Wizard to quickly create a new site.
4. I have provided default values and click on Next
5. I have used Site Builder Library itself. We can use an existing content library as well.
6. Click on Advanced settings from this page and I have selected Portal Orange color as style. Click on Create Site
7. Verify the details and click on Ok
8. It will get validated on the server
9. Initially it will go into In Progress state
10. It will move to Complete state once the creation is done. Click on go to site to verify the created site using Site Builder.
Theme Manager and Simple Theme are a set of new features avaiable in Websphere Portal Server v8.5 CF8.
Create and customize a new theme from a template in minutes by using the new Theme Manager. You can also use the new Simple Theme template, which features fluid, responsive design.
Following screenshots are captured on my machine after applying CF8 to Portal v8.5.
1. After logging into Portal Server console click on the square icon and click on Theme Development
2. Theme Manager UI interface as shown below
3. Beside Show option select the dropdown and click on All so that all the themes present in the server will be provided in the interface.
4. Select a theme and you can click on Manage properties to edit the theme properties
5. Edit any of the properties for the theme
6. Click on More actions
7. You can copy, export and delete the theme.
8. Click on Create Theme to create a new theme.
9. Click on Theme Analyzer to check the properties of every page using the Page Explorer. Use Previous and Next to navigate to the pages inside the Portal Console.
This blog will provide the highlevel steps to install an ifixes on IBM Connections 4.5 CR 5.
Note: These steps are generic in nature and would apply for most of the ifix in connections unless specified by the PMR team or documented in the ReadMe of that ifix
Env: IBM Connections 4.5 CR 5
iFixes to be installed :
IBM connections Installation Path : /opt/IBM/Connections
Step1: Ensure that the ifixes are not already installed
a. Run the setupCmdLine.sh to load the env setting for the Connections
NOTE: the updateSilent.sh command will not launch if the setupCmlLine.sh is not executed
c. Run the updateSilent.sh with the attributes mentioned below
Where 75278 is the ifix Number which we are going to install
We don't have the ifixes installed so proceed with the downloading of the ifixes
Step2 : Download the Fixpack from the Fixcentral based on your environment and your issues
We will downloading the ifix 220.127.116.11-IC-News-IFLO75278.jar & 18.104.22.168-IC-News-IFLO75278-OSGi.jar
NOTE :For the ifix to be installed the Fix Central will recommend the prerequisite updateInstaller
Download the following
And also download the UPDI which is required to install the above ifix
NOTE : This is needed only if your updateInstaller is not of the same version
To check the version of the updateInsaller
a. Navigate to /opt/IBM/Connections/updateInstaller/version
If the version are same as the one required by the ifix you don’t need to upgrade your updateInstaller
Step3: Installation of the New updateInstaller 22.214.171.124-IC-Multi-UPDI-20131020.zip
NOTE: This step is needed only if the updateInstaller is lower that the one required by the ifixes
c. Extract the file 126.96.36.199-IC-Multi-UPDI-20131020.zip in the location /opt/IBM/Connections
And make the scripts executable with chmod 755 *.sh if it is not in executable
That’s It .. This will install the updateInstaller
Step4 : Take the necessary backup
a. Take the backup of the Connections Customization Directory. You could take a tarzip
b. Take the backup of the LotusConnections-config from the Dmgr Cell
c. Take the copy of the Existing ifixes installed for references
d. Take the Backup of the specific Database if the ifix modifies some changes in the DB
Step5: Installation of the Ifix
1. Stop the Connections Servers Servers and the Nodeagent
4. Launch the GUI Console of RHEL Server
As root ( or any user with which the installation was done) launch the GUI Console of the
5. Run setupCmdLine.sh to load the env variables
NOTE: the updateWizard.sh command will not launch if the setupCmdLine.sh is not executed
7. Click Next on the welcome screen
8. Select the "Install updates " Option and provide the Path of the ifixes folder .
In my case its /opt/IBM/Connections/updateInstaller/ifixes.
Then click Next
9. The updateWizard will detect the ifixes in that folder . We had copied two ifixes
We can click “Details” if we want more information on these ifixes
Select both the ifixes and click Next
NOTE: If there are any dependencies ifixes requirement it will be prompted
10. The updateWizard will provide a message to take the necessary backups before the installation.
11. Provide the Deployment Manager Admin user name and Password . This will be validated to proceed
l2. After the Validation Successful .. Click OK
13. Check the summary page . it will again display the ifixes which we have selected to Install
14. The logs are created in the /opt/IBM/Connections/version/log/
Tail the logs for the ifixes
15. If the iFIx installation was successful we will get a “ Result: The iFix Installation was successful”
Checks the logs too . The BUILD SUCESSFUL message should be displayed in them
NOTE: The Installation of the ifix can be done using command line too
16. Validate if the ifix is installed
b. Run updateScript.sh with the options mentioned below
We see that the ifixes for LO75278 is installed
17. Restart Dmgr and Check the dmgr logs
Provide the wasadmin credentials whicle stopping
In this way we can install the Ifixes for on IBM connections 4.5
Websphere Portal Server v8.5 CF8 update process changed with only one command being used to update the Fixpack (during second step of the process). Till CF7 there was a process of using Pre-Apply-Fix and Apply-Fix but in Portal v8.5 CF8 we have only one option to use applyCF command
Steps to update Websphere Portal Server v8.5 CF8
1. Download CF8 from Fixcentral and use IIM to point the repository.
2. Make sure that WAS is on v8.5.5 Fixpack 6 otherwise Portal will not be upgraded.
3. Performing CF8 upgrade on Portal is a 2 step process,
3.1 Upgrade Portal Server Product (use IIM)
3.2 Upgrade Portal Server Profile (from CF8 now we have only one command to upgrade the Portal)
Use IIM to update Portal Server v8.5 and once the update is done through IIM, please follow the one line command to perform the Profile upgrade.
Unix/Linux: <profile_root>/PortalServer/bin/applyCF.sh -DPortalAdminPwd=<password> -DWasPassword=<password>
Remember that applyCF.sh or applyCF.bat is available in <profile_root>/PortalServer/bin directory. Below screenshots for reference,
If you are planning to upgrade Websphere Portal Server v8.5 to CF8, please note that WAS v8.5 should be at CF6 otherwise IIM will throw you the message saying that WAS should be on v8.5.5 Fixpack 6.
Also, if you are on JDK 1., following Fixes are required as mentioned in Portal Server v8.5 Hardware and Software requirements list.
Attached images for reference.
Websphere Portal Server v8.5 CF8 is released and here are the links for Download.
CF8 Download Link
What's new in CF8 can be found here
Fix list Information in CF8 can be found here
Known Issues in CF8
Recommended Updates for Websphere Portal v8.5